Monday, October 10, 2011

Plein air at Chiswick and Henley.

These are 2 paintings I did in the summer, they were part of Plein Air Brotherhood Exhibition.

Chiswick
This place is amazing! I was drawn to the pool because the reflections were just irresistible! It was quite a challenge with the greens always changing.But in the end I enjoyed it!



The Swan Pond Chiswick, 16" x 8", Oil on Board, 2011 SOLD






Henley
This was my first time here. I started painting the first boat and It was all going well until I heard it was going to move in about 12 minutes! Too short, I had to innovate with a new one that took it's place. Then as I was painting, Roy drew my attention to an oncoming steamboat and I very quickly got it down. It was a nice experience, as I was also painting alongside David Pilgrim and John Dobbs.




The Steamboat Arrives Henley, 10" x 8", Oil on Board, 2011 SOLD





SPECIAL QUOTE
"I strive to capture the moment, that fleeting light or atmospheric effect, tackled with a sense of urgency and an awareness that the prevailing conditions are transient and will not be precisely repeated"- (Trevor Chamberlain)

10 comments:

Azra said...

You've captured the greens beautifully,both paintings are very impressive ,especially knowing you had to paint the boats so quickly!!

adebanji said...

Thanks Azra!

Unknown said...

Beautiful light in both of these, Adebanji. Well done for improvising with the boats - not an easy thing to get right even when they're stationaay!

Vinayak Deshmukh said...

Beautiful paitnings Adebanji. Thanks also for sharing your expeience and the inputs on Plein Air painting.
Best wishes,

adebanji said...

Thanks Michael!

adebanji said...

Thanks Deshmukh!

Marius Barbu said...

Frumoase peisaje si fotografii cu autorii peisajelor si cu sursele de inspiratie!

adebanji said...

Thanks Marius!

Lois said...

The water scenes are beautiful

adebanji said...

Thanks Lois!