Monday, November 16, 2009

Bath Experience VII (Cleveland Place, oil on canvas, 60 x 30cm, 2009)


This scene is facing Cleveland Place across London Road is busy road, as commuters go in and out of Bath most on their way to work. The light, once more cuts across this main road and reveals a interesting depth of Georgian Buildings all sun lit too, these type of buildings a very common feature of Bath are just a beauty to behold, it sort of combines the ancient and modern in a world heritage city.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Powerful piece . I really like how you handled the shadow areas on the right. Very effective.

adebanji said...

Thanks Frank!

Myne said...

This appears very realistic. Yeah, the shadows make them esp so...

adebanji said...

Thanks Myne!

Beatrice Cloake N.A.P.A said...

Brilliant painting as usual !
I love the colours and atmosphere.
Saddly I have never been to Bath and I will enjoy seeing through the eyes of an artist

adebanji said...

Thanks Beatrice!

Edward Burton said...

Absolutely stunning, Adebanji.

adebanji said...

Thanks Edward!

David said...

Adebanji,

Your Bath pieces are splendid! Great colour, light and the paint handling is fresh and lively. I feel like heading down there myself now!

There's a Cornish artist called Neil Pinkett whose done some Bath street scenes. I don't know how he manages to create such light effects with a palette knife but I enjoy the end results - http://www.neilpinkett.co.uk/thumbs.php?groupId=13&itemId=

adebanji said...

Thanks Dave! I checked out Neil's works, they are amazing! Great discovery, I have never heard of him before. Thanks once again!