Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sketch of St Paul's, 14" x 19", Oil Base Pencil/Charcoal on paper, 2009

This is my second day out sketching in London, this time its the magnificent St Paul's Cathedral. It's a very imposing building and one of my favourites in London.



I had a a nice time sketching it but the weather wasn't that friendly as it kept changing from sunshine to rain drops, but towards the end it became nice and hot and almost too hot for comfort.



The sketch was done in oil base pencil and the wash with charcoal dust and water.




Don't forget to vote! Click here for the link

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Magnificent. I love to see your in your work enviroment too.

adebanji said...

Thanks Sheila!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, This is a difficult one to achieve. What is the oil based pencil. I would like to try it out.

Anonymous said...

I have voted for you Banji!

adebanji said...

Thanks Carolann!!!

adebanji said...

Carolann Thanks once again, it is a pencil that has minimal dust effects(so it is clean to use and not that messy as charcoal) and it is water proof-so its good for wash applications after line work, that's why I like it and it is made by Faber Castell, it called PITT OIL BASE Pencil, it comes in hard, medium, soft and extra soft.

Edward Burton said...

Very impressive architectural sketches, Adebanji.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the info Banji I will definitely seek these out. Good luck with the voting.

adebanji said...

Thanks Edward! You are welcome Carolann!

Mike Hale said...

Adebanji Alade!
I have a friend from Moroco who owns an art gallery here in Minneapolis.

He paints and draws.
I will forward your blog link to him. His name is Ablel(sp?)
He is also, like you, a competent draftsman. Only a few of you left.
Very few.
Mike Hale(MN Architect #18700)