Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sketches of Students working on their final year exam II

This is the second part for yesterdays post. This group worked on the title "FREEDOM".
Ramie





Why are you working on this?
I chose to use the heart as a symbol and wrap ropes around it. (She was actually drawing from a rope placed in front of her to give reality to her piece.)

What do you like about Art?
It is an opportunity to express myself. It makes me relax and take my emotions out in whatever I do.

What do you like about your Art Teacher?
He is in touch with us, he can act like one of us.

Mohit






Why are you working on this?
I chose to work on a still life(a small object placed in the middle of two imposing bigger objects)- Then I abstracted it through many stages before I got to my final piece.

What do you like about Art?
Very expressive, there is always a meaning behind art, a meaning behind the painting.

What do you like about your Art Teacher?
They are both really good, they give us ideas. Very helpful. They don't patronise-do this...do that...They help when we need help or leave you if you are comfortable to work without help.


Clara





Why are you working on this?
She chose horses as she sees them as a symbol of freedom. She has been inspired by the artist Giacomo Balla. She worked in a futurist style to produce this piece.



What do you like about Art?
A way to express myself.

What do you like about your Art Teacher?
Really helpful, we have two here and they are really helpful.

No comments: