Tuesday, January 08, 2013

MAKING A MARK AWARDS- Adebanji wins The Travel with a Sketchbook Trophy 2012


Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 1
It's a great way to start the year and I see this year as a fresh sketchbook page spread- ready to be filled up with abundant creativity! There's really nothing as great as looking at the pages of a brand new sketchbook! When I see a fresh page, it makes me tick, and I just feel like filling it up! It's a great feeling! Looking back at my old sketchbooks, brings back all the experiences of each sketch made, what attracted me to do the sketch and it helps to track my own personal development. Moreover, filled, in my mind, is an inventory of thousands of faces, I've sketched in the year 2012!

Making a Mark has always given out awards to bloggers in the Art field and I really cherish this particular Award because it's what I do everyday! You can  read all about it in the post by clicking HERE.

The Award was given with this statement, "This year I'm going to award this prize to somebody who routinely carries his sketchbook with him and sketches while travelling to work and his studio in Chelsea on the other side of..... London.  So no overseas trips - but lots of sketching!..... For those who have never tried drawing on public transport before, I have to tell you that form of sketching is a challenge! Bear in mind the transport does not provide for a smooth journey and you never ever know when your subject is going to get up and leave!"





Also  I am going to use this opportunity to introduce you to another blog I'll be running alongside this one this year! It is going to focus on tips, videos, demonstrations, my techniques, sketches for sale and everything that would basically inspire you to GET OUT AND DO SOME SKETCHING YOURSELF! It's called-Inspired to Sketch with- Adebanji Alade. It isn't launched yet, but it will go live on Saturday the 12th of January-So get ready by clicking HERE and subscribe!
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 2
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 3
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 4
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 5
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 6
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 7
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 8
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 9
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 10
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 11
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 12
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 13
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 14
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 15
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 16
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 17
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 18
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 19
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 20
Adebanji's Sketches on Public transport 21
SPECIAL QUOTE.
"Great drawings are the result of risk-taking. They come not from copying or from verbal or intellectual idea about the subject, but from a visual idea....An artist in any field perceives the importance of the whole. He notes significant information and makes order from chaos. Such a mind appreciates elegance, simplicity, design and restraint."- Sherrie McGraw 

16 comments:

Sadami said...

Adebanji, Congrats!!!! Thank you for sharing the wonderful sketches and precious tech info. Furthermore, very touchy and thoughtful quotes!! Keep up this blog.
Best wishes, Sadami

adebanji said...

Thanks Sadami!

adebanji said...

Thanks Steve!

Casey Klahn said...

Hearty congratulations!

adebanji said...

Thanks Casey!!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your wonderful sketches.
I will continue to return and learn from your marvelous example of sketching.

Unknown said...

Adebanji this is such a great way to start the new year. Look forward to reading the new blog too: two of my favourite blogs combined :D
Hearty congrats!!!

adebanji said...

Thanks Sheona!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations - you are an inspiration.

adebanji said...

Thanks L Kathryn!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on winning the award again Adebanji, you really deserve it!
I'm also excited about the new blog,
sharing sketching techniques is wonderful, I'm looking forward to it!
Kelly

adebanji said...

Thanks Kelly!

Victor Errington said...

Hi Adebanji.
All wonderful Sketches. I visited Chislehurst Hospital yesterday, and there was a lady sketching next to me. I got talking to her and had a cracking discussion about who we both new in the art world, and your name was mentioned along with ken Howard. I have never had such a wonderful half an hour in a Hospital as I did yesterday. All the besy my friend.
Vic.

adebanji said...

Thanks Victor! This is the most encouraging comment I have picked up this year!!!
I still can't believe it!
Thanks for taking the time to share this!

Unknown said...

Hi Adebanji,
Just letting you know I have featured two of your superb sketchbook pages in an article I have written to help high school Art students excel: http://www.studentartguide.com/articles/art-sketchbook-ideas
Please let me know if this is okay! If you object, I will remove the images immediately.
best wishes - your work is beautiful!!!
Amiria

adebanji said...

This is OK Amaria, I'll check it out to see!