Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The "OIL PORTRAIT SKETCH"-My Free Workshop at Cass Arts

Cass Arts have been running free workshops every weekend this season and on Saturday I going to be running the show from 12-4pm. In collaboration with Winsor & Newton, who will be supplying all the materials for the day-I'll be demonstrating how I convert my black and white sketches to colour. It's all about the portrait sketch.

I have copied and pasted this from the Cass Arts website
Saturday 24th March
Drop in 12pm-4pm
FREE Materials also available to sample, age 18+
Paint oil colour portraits with Adebanji Alade and get
hints, tips and advice on everything oil. In this
hands-on workshop learn how to capture the story
behind every face and see how you can ‘sketch with
colour’, bringing gesture and life

It's a great opportunity to come and have some fun, ask all the questions about sketching in black and white and colour!

Where others found inspiration in dreams I found it in Nature. Many have called that a lack of imagination. I gladly call it a love of reality.~ Anders Zorn (culled from The Art and Influence blog)


Greybrush said...

I've always admired Zorn's paintings but I didn't know he had a particular pallet. What was it? if you don't mind saying? He had such a great economy of brush strokes and I can see he has been an influence on your work.

adebanji said...

Thanks, Anders Zorn wraps up everything I love about painting and drawing. His palette is helping me to learn colour harmony and economy of it's usage.

His palette consisted of
A white
Yellow Ochre
Vermillion or Cadmium Red Light
Ivory Black

Check out
these links for more on this.




Greybrush said...

Super, Thanks!

adebanji said...

You are welcome!

Vinayak Deshmukh said...

Wow! What a great opportunity to see a ,aster at work. Wish I could attend.
Best wishes,

adebanji said...

Thanks Vinayak! You never know, maybe one day-I'll be able to be in the same city as you, then we can learn from each other.

Azra said...

I have been so looking forward to this workshop!! All being well i will see you there.

adebanji said...

Great Azra! It will be great so see you too! I hope we'll all have a great day!