Saturday, January 08, 2011

Adebanji featured in The Artist Magazine February 2011


Adebanji painting in acrylics pen plein air

I only knew about this yesterday by Carolann, she put a comment on one of my posts this week, that read, "Splendid as usual. I have been reading my Artist magazine - it is really nice to see you in print Adebanji"- I then gave it a good thought, because I haven't even seen the article myself. I went on The Artist Magazine website to see if I could get anything related to the article and they have put a good entry on it HERE, to see the full article you need to grab yourself a copy of the February Issue of The Artist Magazine, which is on sale now!


The Artist Magazine- FEBRUARY 2011

If you also want to enjoy the article with the full DVD, you can order your copy from Townhouse Films as they have produced a WONDERFUL FILM of how the scene in the article was painted from beginning to end. One of the great advantages of watching and reading about how other artists work, is that you can gain a full insight into what goes on in their minds and how each artist differs in making decisions that help a painting progress from the first marks to the end! Be Inspired!

Special quote
"If we hold a vision or a dream deep inside our heart and mind, it will begin to not only influence our attitudes and actions, it will reach out and influence the circumstances of our lives."
-Stephen R Covey author Living the 7 Habits

8 comments:

V. Deshmukh said...

Hearty congratulations Adebanji,
You indeed deserve the honour. Great going. The demonstration is great. I wish the magazine was available in our part of the world too. Thanks for the nice quote too.

adebanji said...

Thanks Vinayak!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. You deserve it.

Sonia said...

I, too, was just about to congratulate you on your article in The Artist. Fancy you not knowing anything about it?

Angela Elledge said...

Awesome news, congratulations; I will definitely look for the magazine!

adebanji said...

Thanks Sue and Angela!
Thanks Sonia, I did the artcle way back in July/August last year and I had forgotten all about it. So to see it in the February Issue this year was a pleasnt surprise. Sometimes you can do these articles and they may never see the light of the day.

Juliet said...

Hello Adebanji
Congrats on being in The Artist
-I tried to get to your exhibition today at the Enid Lawson Gallery,but didn't get there.Will you be exhibiting at any other London gallery in the near future?I really like your work.

adebanji said...

Thanks Juliet, I will exhibiting at The Chelsea Art Fair in April and a group exhibition at Enid Lawson in June.
Cheers!