Saturday, December 11, 2010

Highlights from the Royal Institute of Oil Painters Annual Exhibition 2010 (Little Wonders)

This is my final post on the exhibition, this one highlights some little wonderful paintings at the exhibition too. Hope I'm not boring you with this, but I also love to share what I am passionate about- and sometimes it's not only my art but those of other painters!

1. TREVOR CHAMBERLAIN ROI RSMA


Shallow Trees(SOLD)- This is a simple statement, sometimes the simpler the better!



Coppersmith, Kerman, Iran-SOLD- I couldn't believe Trevor did this on the spot, but that's a Master of plein air painting!


Trevor takes delight in placing the red dot on his just SOLD piece!

2. SUE WILLIAMS


"Happy as......" -The title made me laugh, well, I love pigs, and a smiling one added more fun!

3. LUIS MORRIS ROI


Delta-Just watch out for the lost and found edges in this rendition!


Luis with his works


4. LINDA MEANEY


Chinese Pears (SOLD)- She has won the Stanley Grimm Prize, her still life pieces are classical!


Linda with her work

5. KEITH MORTON


Silver Chain- I like it when portraiture evokes something in the viewer, this piece just does that, a well handled piece, structure wise!


6. JOHN STILLMAN



This piece won the Frank Herring Easel Award-I love the warmth of the sun on the roof on a cold snowy day.

7. JOHN SHAVE



The picture doesn't do this one justice- it's almost done effortlessly, but that's the beauty of plein air work on this scale.

8. HARRY BRIOCHE



Evening Fanfare- This is an 'explosion' well caught in the atmosphere, very Turner like!

6 comments:

V. Deshmukh said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful review of the exhibition. your art is also amazing just like all other entrants.
Its only through blogs like yours that we can have a feel of such wonderful exhibitions taking place so far far away!.
Best wishes,

adebanji said...

Vinayak, Great! This is the purpose of sharing these wonderful works. There are over 8 of these wonderful exhibitions that take place each year at the Mall Galleries from different societies that belong to the Federation of British Artists and sometimes I get so carried away by the work, I keep going back to view them time and time again.

But unfortunately once they have gone up, they sometimes never get seen again. So this time I decided to share some of what captivates me and I am happy you appreciate it! I have learnt so much from artists reviews of so many exhibitions in America and other places in the world, that I have never been able to view because of the distance and it's been great! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. All are inspirational. -The still life of pears especially amazes me!

adebanji said...

Thanks Aubrey-it is truly an wonderful piece!

Oliver Uvman said...

I am definitely not bored by these posts! It's very nice to see both your paintings and the things that inspire you. Especially since you are inspired by such beautiful art!

I was especially touched by Valeriy Gridnev Roi's Natasha in your other post. But I feel a bit bad singling that out among so many beautiful works. Each of them is so beautiful in their own right!

adebanji said...

Thanks Oliver! Everyone has a favourite, and I love Valeriy Gridnev's work too, and I was so happy that he exhibited this year. His works are amazing!