Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Brocas, Windsor II, 6" x 8" , Oil on gessoed card, 2010.

This is the second painting I did at Windsor. I started before the break and finished after the break.




Brocas, Windsor II, 6" x 8" , Oil on gessoed card, 2010 SOLD


My idea here was to have a composition with less sky and more foreground. I wanted to include some of the painters at work to remember the day and its beauty.



That's me stroking away


Somehow this painting seemed to work from the go and some pieces are just like that. This was done with no under-painting, just pure oil loaded straight from the tube with hardly any medium.



Snap shot of the scene

9 comments:

Bianca said...

Beautiful painting Adebanji. The light just pops out and brings a nice summer feel to it.

adebanji said...

Thanks Bianca!

David Larson Evans said...

Looks great ...full of light.

adebanji said...

Thanks David!

Marian Fortunati said...

Your work never ceases to amaze me Adebanji!!

This little painting is perfect! And that little pochade... how neat? Very small... what size is it?

Edward Burton said...

Beautiful job, Adebanji - love the composition.

Unknown said...

Hello Adebanji

Wasn't a great day! I'm pleased to say I was in one of the photos. I was and still am really pleased with the 2 paintings I did that day - but I was very nervous painting with such names - need not have feared everyone was really nice.

Israel Yang said...

Adebanji,
How do you manage to paint with the sun on your painting? How do you deal with all the glare and view it indoor later?

adebanji said...

Israel, it wasn't much of a problem. I hardly have to deal with glare afterwards.
But some of my other friends use an umbrella which shades against the sun.