Monday, July 13, 2009

Royal Exchange Sketch, 18" x 14", Oil Base Pencil/Charcoal on paper, 2009



For the rest of this month, I'll be out and about in the City of London and the West End capturing landmark shots of the beautiful city.



Today I was at the Royal Exchange where I felt a bit daunted, sketching right in the middle of the busy city spot. But after a few lines, mistakes, nervousness and panics, I manged to settle down to sketch the Royal Exchange. I started at 13.04hrs and finished around 15.05hrs. It was a great experience and I am inspired to keep this going! Tomorrow I 'll be targeting St Paul's Cathedral hopefully if somewhere else doesn't catch my attention.



This was done on a very heavy paper of about 350gms with the sketching done with oil base pencil and the wash with charcoal dust mixed with water.

6 comments:

dominique eichi said...

I love it, very powerful. Can't wait to see others in this series.
what are these oil base pencil and charcoal dust ?(name & brand)

adebanji said...

Thanks Dominique! The Oil Base pencil is Pitt Oil Base Pencil by Faber Castell and the Charcoal Powder is by Creta.

admin said...

very nice

adebanji said...

Thanks Admin!

Jeanette Jobson said...

You are creating the visual history for the future. Great stuff. What will you do with the collection of pieces once they're complete? I see a little book of sketches of London... :)

adebanji said...

Jeanette you got it!!! It's all for a little book, my target is 25/50 sketches of London scenes!