Monday, January 12, 2009

EMOTIONS V, Oil based pencil/Sanguine & Sepia dust, 8" x 10", 2009 SOLD

This guy is one of the great buskers around, these are the guys that play on the trains and tubes to make music while the commuters drop a few coins in appreciation. I worked with him at St Mungos and he was very much interested in art too, he worked in coloured pencils.





He makes number 5 in my current emotion series, which is all about human emotions.


I started this by ghosting the dust on the watercolour paper and then adding details with the oil base pencils and graphite(mechanical pencil).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Fabulous rendering, composition and execution resulting in an exquisite movement of line and shadow.

adebanji said...

Thanks Sheila!

Victoria on Okinawa said...

I feel his intensity as he is playing, he is so focused on what he is doing it appears he even forgets where he is performing. Excellent.

adebanji said...

Wow, great analysis! Thanks Victoria!

dominique eichi said...

Yes , he is in his own world of playing music. His joy is complete receiving money for it is secondary.
I am looking forward to this series.

adebanji said...

Thanks Dominique, stay tuned as I met another musicain, this time playing in the Alley way on the streets today, he was playing an uncommon instrument...can't wait to get him down, I'll post the live sketch I did of him soon!