Friday, June 15, 2007

Sketch of my friend "SCOUSE"


This drawing of "Scouse" was done yesterday evening at work, he had been on my neck to sketch him for a while and this was the evening it had to be done.
I used a page from my A4 daler-Rowney sketch pad, HB Graphite pencil, Tissue, Putty rubber, Artificial light source, Radial Easel.
It took me approx 1 hour 30mins to complete and he was a very composed model, except for his occasional drifting which had an effect on the finished picture. He didn't like the sleepy look to his eyes, so I had to work on that by letting him pose again this time -trying his best to keep his eyes wide open! He was pleased with the finished piece and I was quite pleased to catch a bit of his character in the sketch.
He is a very pleasant chap and and an ardent lover and supporter of LIVERPOOL FC!

No comments: